It’s funny how often we hear the same tired, unproven ideas and myths surrounding one of our most popular services, Botox injections. No matter how much we work to educate our patients and clients, the same misunderstandings and downright lies continue to be circulated. As skin rejuvenation experts, that have seen the amazing results delivered with just a single appointment, we feel that it is important for us to continue to dispel those myths whenever possible. After watching our Minneapolis clients experience the amazing, life-changing results that Botox delivers, we believe that these common myths are stopping those who can benefit from Botox injections and we want to work to dispel them:
- Myth #1: Botox injections are dangerous. Botox injections know number more than 6 million per year in the United States with side effects being temporary and mild for most users.
- Myth #2: Botox is made with botulism. Actually Botox is a protein derived from botulinum toxin. It is not the bacteria botulism.
- Myth #3: Your face will be frozen after being injected. Actually Botox injections do not affect the muscles surrounding the injection areas. You will still be able to use your face to express yourself.
- Myth #4: Botox is just for those looking to get rid of their wrinkles. Actually Botox was first approved for treating muscle spasms around the eyes. As its use continues, more and more innovative applications that are safe for the patient continue to be enjoyed by millions.
- Myth #5: Botox is addictive. The truth is that there are no addictive properties of a Botox injection. Though many point to the repeated cosmetic use of Botox as evidence of its ability to be habit-forming, skin health and cosmetic professionals will attest to the tendency of the patient to become addicted to the results as the cause for repeated use, rather than the injection itself.