BBL Post Care Instructions
What to expect after your treatment
- Freckles and sunspots may initially turn slightly darker and then flake off within 7-14 days. This is a desired and normal reaction.
- Makeup may be applied immediately after the treatment as long as skin integrity has not been compromised.
- The treated area is more prone to sunburn and pigmentation change. Keep the area covered and use a minimum of SPF 30 broad Spectrum.
- Aerobic exercise, the use of saunas and hot tubs should be avoided for 24-48 hours after treatment.
- If the skin is broken or a blister appears, apply an antibiotic ointment such as bacitracin. Do not use Neosporin. Please notify us within a day or so if this occurs. (Or immediately if it is concerning to you.) The area should be kept lubricated to prevent crusting or scabbing of tissue. If you have any concerns about a possible infection, please contact us immediately.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at 952-920-6545
We always recommend medical grade products for your post care and daily skin care regimen.
- Cleanse the skin two times a day with lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser. Use your hands to cleanse, DO NOT rub, scrub, use and exfoliant soap or skin brush.
- Moisturizer should be applied generously with clean hands over treated area and reapplied whenever your skin feels dry.
- Sunscreen is a MUST and should be used daily beginning the day of treatment and used consistently. Use sunscreen with Broadband UVA and UVB protection. DO NOT expose your skin to direct sun exposure for 14 day. The treated area is prone to sunburn and pigmentation change.
Don’t forget to schedule your HydraFacial 4 to 6 weeks after treatment. HydraFacial can help speed up your shedding process and enhance results! You can also save time by scheduling your injectables, such as Botox or Dysport, on the same day as your treatment.