Genius RF Microneedling Post Care Instructions
What to expect after your treatment
- It is normal to experience warmth, redness, and swelling after treatment, transiet pin-point bleeding and a very slight discomfort after treatment.
- For general post treatment discomfort an over-the-counter oral pain reliever such as Tylenol may be taken.
Don’t forget to schedule your HydraFacial 6-8 weeks after treatment. HydraFacial can help speed up your shedding process and enhance results! You can also save time by scheduling your injectables, such as Botox or Dysport, on the same day as your treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at 952-920-6545.
We always recommend medical grade products for your daily skin care regimen to help with overall skincare goals.
- Days 1-5 post treatment, use an approved, gentle cleanser and moisturizer.
Moisturize as needed or at least 1-2x that day. Make sure to apply a broad spectrum
sunscreen with SPF of 30 or higher, on top of your moisturizer. Do not use products with
- Do not apply makeup the day of your treatment and try to avoid makeup for 48 hours
- No exercise, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, or anything that exposes you to heat for at
least 48 hours.
- It is highly recommend to hydrate very well with water for 3 days post treatment.
- Refrain from applying anything to the skin after the treatment for 24 hours. This will
help minimize purging/breakouts post procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for 48 hours after treatment. After 24 hours
you can apply a mineral based sunblock with an SPF of 30+ that is pre-approved by your
provider. Reapply every 2 hours when out in sun. Until the skin returns to normal,
when outdoors use an umbrella, hat or other available protection against sunlight, even
on cloudy days.